Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Torture

So, Today I wrote the final exam for Advanced Engineering Mathematics, specifically Vector Calculus, 2Q04. I started at 9:00. Finished at 12:00(thats how long they give you).

It was really hard. I recommend for anyone that ever takes that course...don't drop out of French class, because all the best mathematicians are French, and all the best mathematicians also happen to be very poor teachers(in my opinion...based on observation, not provable fact). But more than that...yeah, I don't even know what to say. I don't think there is much you CAN do to excel at that course.


There are certain things in life that you won't ever master. Love is one of them. Any kind of love...romantic, for friends, for enemies, even for God. Your sinful nature is another one of them.

And the next most obvious one is Vector Calculus.


Yours In Christ,
Anton

4 comments:

nadine j. said...

Yay Anton!

I love you, even if you didn't like your ridiculously hard Calculus course!

I'm excited to be going to school with you next year, Deo Volente.

From,
Na-ding

nadine j. said...

Wait a second.
Is this the Calculus that involves 3-space and drawing vectors with three components?

Anonymous said...

And then taking integrals along those three components?

Yes. Yes it is.

Captain Carrot said...

lol. yeah, i usually don't tell people that we integrate and derivate along each of those components. Their jaws usually drop and they start mumbling about how little math they know as soon as I say '3 space'.