Monday, March 12, 2007

Tickle
How Smart Are You Really?

Anton, your IQ score is 141

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Find out which intelligence dimensions you scored highest on and how your IQ score compares to others in your personalized, 31-page Super IQ Report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



What can I say...I guess I'm pretty smart. would you believe it? only 6 in 1000 people have this rare condition. That means I am one of only 180,000 in Canada! there are only 39,491,187 (9:10pm GMT-5 according to the US census bureau) like me in the world! I'm going to have to find out where they-WE-hold our conventions! yikes! maybe theres a tax credit for 'Creative Theorist'. Hmm..can anyone think of any creative theories I have come up with? Actually I did have this one about a reverse microwave to be used in steel fabrication, but apparently thats already being researched, so...dang. These creative ideas are really hit and miss. Maybe if I get the 30-no sorry, 31- page report it will tell me what I need to know about creating theories, besides just conspiracy theories.


On another note, check out the World Population Clock. If you wait for a minute to pass, it starts updating only every minute, and it went up like..1000 since I started writing this. But anyways the point is, according to these numbers, which are probably not entirely accurate in magnitude, but in terms of rate-of-change, reasonable , nearly 150 children are born every minute. Thats like..5 every 2 seconds. Its crazy to think of how many people are born every day into this world. And if you think about it, roughly 80% of the world lives in utter poverty. Not taking into account that birth rates in most developed countries are much lower than in 3rd world countries, or factors such as high abortion rates in developed countries and high infant mortality rates in underdeveloped countries, rougly 150 children are born each minute, and of those, nearly 120 of them are born into utter poverty. And 100% of them are born into utter depravity.


Tell a friend.



And now back to our feature presentation...

10 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

A rich imagination? Yup, that's you!

About the last part of your post . . . whenever I think about things like that: poverty and stuff, I just want to go over there and give them everything I've got. I hate to think that I have soooo much un-needed . . . stuff . . . and they struggle just to find a bit of food to eat.

Anonymous said...

yah, and then you think about the part that 100% are born into utter depravity and that makes you want to go and tell them all about the love of JESUS

Captain Carrot said...

yeah...poverty is like..a never-ending cycle, its so huge. All those big projects to end poverty..imean they are really good, dont get me wrong, but they are never going to fix the problem...they will help, but what people really need is God. And that is why we need to think about how we can tell others. I sometimes feel like I am sitting on the most precious little secret, but its something that I should desire to share to everyone, no matter how I think they will accept it. That is hard to do though...I really want to learn how to approach people and how to turn conversations into opportunities for witness. I find that I have like..so much knowledge about the Bible, from Catechism, church, and school, and yet I have a hard time (1) being willing to take that step, and (2) communicating the gospel to people where they are.

Anonymous said...

a little while ago, i went to a conference where the topic was evangelism. the speaker talked about the method that he uses and it was really cool. you could casually bring your conversation to God and bring them the gospel without having to argue with them about what they believe etc. i have a paper that kinda explains it... you'll have to ask me about it sometime. (it kinda makes sharing your faith a little less scary)

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I know what you mean. I struggle with the same thing. I wish I could have gone to that whole conference. Even still, hearing about how to evangelize and change conversation and stuff is so much easier than doing the actual thing.

Captain Carrot said...

I'd love to see that..yeah i really think that it would be sweet if there were some way we could like..train eachother to know how to talk about our faith..its not easy to do though

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Tell me about it. But I already know one way that we can 'train' eachother to speak about God . . . we are doing it right now . . . we're encouraging one another and sharing our struggles, and that alone has helped me a lot to get to where I am now. We just heard a sermon about evangelizing last night. I have wasted way too many opportunities that i could have easily turned the topic to sharing my faith. I'm thinking about asking one of the girls from the ballet studio, who goes to an Anglican church I think (actually her dad is a pastor from South Africa and knows my pastor) to come to LW, and maybe another one that's Catholic. I hope I have the courage to ask them.

Captain Carrot said...

I will pray for you..right now!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Amy just posted about the evangelizing thing she told you about. Check it out . . . it's pretty interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hey . . . having gone to public high, I've had to share my faith a lot whether I wanted to or not. One thing that helps me get over that fear is thinking of eternity - not just about where they're going, but where I'm going. When we all get to heaven, this life will not even equal a drop in the ocean! What will matter is what we have done for God. Other relationships will pass, but our relationship with God remains forever.
Isaiah always helps me out . . . check out chapter 51: "I, even I am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid Of a man who will die, and of the son of a man who will be made like grass? . . . And I have put my words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of my hand"
If Jesus is a part of you, you have the Spirit, and all that you are & do & say will be the heat and light that are so inseparable from the flame of your faith!
Every once in a while I have to stop and ask myself: "Do I really believe this? Do I really believe that Jesus saved me? Do I really believe that the Spirit can use anything I say and do anything in another's heart, no matter what I do?" If I do, it will be enmeshed in my daily life.

Anyways, I'll end this book. Keep up the witnessing, all - and especially the infamous captian carrot!!